Strong Learning provides tutoring for PreK-College
All subjects at All levels including Students with Learning Disabilities
Individual tutoring Helps Your Child Learn, Get Better Grades, and Raise Test Scores!
At Strong Learning we’ll develop a program specifically geared to your child’s individual needs and your family’s busy schedule. The most outstanding educators will help your child achieve school success and get better grades. We offer one-to-one tutoring online or in your home. No contracts required. In addition, we can help your child with homework and important study skills such as memory techniques, organization, time management, and test taking strategies.
Learning Disabilities Tutoring for Students with Special Needs
We help students with special needs including ADHD, Dyslexia, Language Processing Disorder, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia and Nonverbal Learning Disorder by developing individual programs specifically geared to their needs and the family’s busy schedule. We work to find a good fit between the child and the tutor. We work with parents on how to effectively interact with their child at home about academic issues and, at the parent’s request, gladly conference with guidance counselors and classroom teachers to make sure each child gets the in-school help s/he needs. Not only do grades go up, but so does self-esteem!
Call us to schedule an appointment today at 888-378-7664!
Grades (K – 5)
- Reading Help — Motivate Your Child to Read – Using fun activities to keep young readers engaged and focused, they learn the basic phonemes, word families, comprehension strategies, and vocabulary they need to become good readers. Our phonics approach is based on the renowned Orton Gillingham approach. Children learn via games, plays and other fun activities.
- Math Help — Lay a Strong Foundation for STEM – We develop your child’s mathematical understanding through age-appropriate games and any other methods that fit the child. Concepts include calculation (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing), application and understanding number relationships.
- Writing and Spelling Help — Create a Confident Writer – Children enjoy learning proper grammar and punctuation, spelling techniques, and writing strategies to foster creativity and communication skills, using games to teach parts of speech, capitalization, writing in cursive and more.
- Help with Homework – Studies show that for children in elementary grades, homework often does little good in addition to creating attitudes of children against it. Although your child will probably continue to be assigned homework, we can help you make it fun.
Middle School Tutoring
Grades (6 – 8)
- READING – Middle-school children learn how to stay focused, hook into the material and remember what they’ve learned while reading social studies, science and literature. Private or group.
- MATH – Students solidify basic skills necessary to understand the concepts, application of fractions, percent & decimals and beginning algebra.
- WRITING – Students learn how to write easily and effectively using an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach. The focus is on getting started, writing a perfect thesis, connecting sentences, and organizing ideas.
- HOMEWORK – For middle school students, we focus on the development of strong study skills, reading comprehension, writing strategies, and other skills they will need to learn and retain coursework content.
High School Tutoring
Grades (9 – 12)
Private tutoring is available in all subjects at all levels all year for remediation or enrichment.
High school students learn essential skills necessary for achievement: time management, homework strategies, memory and organizational techniques. Private or group.
- Reading Help to Improve Comprehension – High-school students learn how to stay focused, hook into the material and remember what they’ve learned while reading science, social studies, and literature. Private or group.
- Math Help – Reinforce basic math skills and their application in algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus.
- Writing Help to Improve Writing Skills – Students learn how to write easily and effectively using an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach. The focus is on getting started, writing a perfect thesis, connecting sentences, and organizing ideas. Private or group.
- Subject Area Tutoring – Our tutors are teachers with expertise in subject areas including Science, History & Social Studies, and English composition & literature.
Congratulations! You’re finishing high school! Now what?
It’s time to make some serious decisions about your next educational step.
It’s time to consider what occupation fits you: your personality, your strengths and weaknesses, your financial goals, and your dreams.
Once you’ve made those decisions, you need to figure out which college can best provide the education you’ll need for reaching your decision.
Applying to a college or several colleges requires lots of steps. Luckily the Strong Learning staff can guide you through each step including:
- college selection
Our expert College Advising staff can help you with the entire process. This process can be daunting and confusing and because it’s so significant, the pressure is on to succeed.
You’ll get suggestions about choosing colleges and strategies for filling out applications. You’ll get help writing your essay and preparing for your interviews.
You’ll receive information about your options from Strong Learning specialists. They’ll listen carefully to your dreams and aspirations. Then they’ll help you make decisions about college and give you the skills you need to prepare the best application.