By adhering to the Five Pillars of Reading, the Strong Learning Beginning Reading Intervention Program effectively supports
- Beginning readers
- Struggling readers
This program, facilitated by skilled reading specialists, reading tutors, and teacher aides in schools and after school programs, is thriving.
Why? Because it excels in reducing anxiety, improving focus, and providing unlimited purposeful, playful, practice.
The program’s effectiveness is due to its blend of game-based learning with the well-established Orton-Gillingham approach.This achievement is backed by extensive years of dedicated research and development.
The Strong Learning Reading Intervention Program makes your reading program more effective, because of these key components:
- Customization: It tailors each students individual needs by finding reading gaps.
- Progress Monitoring: It continuously assesses based on research and feedback.
- Professional Development: It provides training for reading specialists, tutors, teacher aides and assistants, and volunteers in the Orton-Gillingham approach and game-based science instruction.
- Parental Involvement: It engages parents in supporting their children’s reading at home through game-based instruction and plays.
- Multisensory Techniques: It uses multisensory strategies for diverse learning styles.
- Phonics and Vocabulary: It emphasizes foundational skills like phonics and vocabulary as well as fluency and comprehension.
- Cultural Responsiveness: It’s inclusive and sensitive to diverse backgrounds.
The Beginning Reading Intervention Program includes
- Online Training: Administrators, teachers and teacher aides move through the program to
- Gain an understanding of the objectives behind the program
- Learn how to use the SuperDeck card decks
- Learn how to use the PracticePacks
- Learn how to use the Assessment
- Learn how to use the Teacher’s Guide
- Detailed Teacher’s Guide: Lessons Plans with “say and do” prompts.
- Leader’s Guide: For use by administrators and others who will be training the teachers, teacher aides, teacher assistants, and reading volunteers.
- Assessment: To assess what the students know and do not know phonetically. In addition, the assessment has QR codes to review the phoneme rule and hear how to say words following its phonemic pattern.
- 12 Beginning Phonics SuperDecks: to teach the Alphabet, Consonants and the beginning phonemes.
- 8 Beginning Fluency SuperDecks: to help students apply phonics skills to reading sentences
- 4 Beginning Practice Packs: To help with pre-reading skills
- 12 PracticePacks with age-appropriate stories, plays, puzzles, and writing activities to improve vocabulary, comprehension, decoding, fluency, encoding, spelling and writing.